Board Care Instructions
Thank you for purchasing this unique item from Hughes Homestead, we hope you enjoy using it as much as we loved creating it.
- Wash with soap and water and scrub well.
- Stubborn stains and odors can be treated with lemon juice or vinegar.
- Dry immediately with a towel and let air dry standing up or in a rack with air flow.
- Monthly or when the item feels dry apply oil (mineral oil, cutting board oil, or walrus oil).
- Apply liberally and allow the oil to soak in a few hours or overnight
- After applying oil always apply board butter (included with purchase).
- Rub a small amount onto surface and buff in a circular pattern to form a protective coating.
- Put item in dishwasher. Heat and moisture will warp and splinter the wood.
- Let item sit in standing water.
- Use bleach.
- Place item flat to dry. This can cause warping and cracking due to uneven moisture release.
Board Butter can be purchased here.